Because of the amount of requests I have for info on refinishing kitchens I thought it may be easiest to have this to send people to. It may look overwhelming but it’s not, honestly!! PLEASE NOTE: we will do your bathroom or laundry room for you but ONLY at the same time we are doing your kitchen.
Since each kitchen is unique we'd rather get pictures from you and find out what color/colors you're wanting, what type of wood we are refinishing over and the current color of it, etc before giving you a project price. Info and pics can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. do we charge more for larger kitchen doors and less for smaller? A. Not unless they are double the size of an average door. Other than that we figure it all averages out in the end.
Q. how about lazy susan doors? A. that's two doors put together so we count that as two doors.
Q. how about the fake drawers under the sink? A. we count those as a drawer because we take it off, bring to workshop and spray it.
Q. Can you do oak or veneer? A. Yes, the majority of the kitchens we do are oak. They finish up beautifully!!!
Q. Can you do cabinets with therma-foil doors? A. Yes, they finish up great!
DETAILS THAT DETERMINE THE PRICE:
1. Are your cabinets currently oak? Oak has a deep grain and requires more coats to look excellent.
2. What color are you wanting cabinets done in? We specifically need to know if you will be wanting a pure white as that always requires more coats to look excellent. A slight off white like Benny Moore white dove doesn't require as many coats as a pure white. Weird but just how it is.
3. What color are you cabinets currently? If the cabinets are a darker color they may need a 3rd coat of paint. If they are oak and dark they may need 4 coats.
4. Do you want the underneath the upper cabinets done? Sometimes (rarely) this area can be seen and it’ll look unfinished it not refinished to match.
5. Is there dentil molding, or other time consuming detail work, on the cabinet housing?
6. Are there small built in shelves on outside of cabinets or something similar? We usually see this on the top cabinets that are on either side of the kitchen sink.
7. Do you have cabinet doors that have glass? If yes, would you want inside the glass area done?
8. Are you going to switch out the hardware and need current holes filled and/or need new holes drilled?
9. If they are currently coated with therma-foil (plastic coating). It comes off great, just takes a bit of extra time.
10. Do you want the toe kick area done?
11. If they are exceptionally greasy and we need to spend additional time on that it will cost a bit more. We've only had that a few times but I feel I need to let people know that up front.
12. Would you want them distressed or glazed?
What we need from you to give you a price in addition to answers to the above questions:
1. A few pictures of your kitchen:
a. A close up of a door, we would like to see details along with a good idea of the current color.
b. A close up of top of cabinets (like where it attaches to the ceiling if it goes that high up)
c. Any glass door areas that may need to be painted inside
d. Any shelf or other unusual areas that need to be taken into consideration
2. Cabinet door/drawer count. Please see notes above to be sure you’re counting them correctly.
AGAIN, PLEASE SEND THESE TO SHELLY@SHELLYSDRESSERS.COM
If you’d like an in-home color-consultation we’d be happy to do that. Base cost for that is $50 and covers up to one hour. We will bring color samples, calculator and calendar.
For the OUT-OF-TOWN clients: Sorry but with the amount of requests we have to do kitchens within a 30 mile radius of us it simply doesn't make sense to work further than that.
Lacquer is a sprayed on finish so your cabinets will look like they just came from the factory. Very durable, very scrubbable!!
We are usually booked about 3-4 MONTHS out so make sure you reserve your week in advance.
READY TO SCHEDULE OR MORE QUESTIONS?? CALL 616-308-2698, send message via FB to https://www.facebook.com/shellysdressers/ or email us at Shelly@shellysdressers.com